I get asked all the time about weight loss programs: what to look for, what will work, how to stick with them. When it comes to losing weight - and keeping it off - I suggest weight loss programs that will seamlessly fit into your lifestyle. Use these suggestions when looking for weight loss programs, so you can choose the right one for you and your day-to-day!
Weight Loss Programs - Tips to ConsiderWeight loss programs that include meal plans are key. It's the combination of nutrition and exercise that really will get you results you want. When it comes to eating plans, things to consider are:
- Types of foods offered. You will want to choose a plan that offers some variety in the foods and recipes, especially if you have eating restrictions. A good plan will have a vegetarian option, a gluten-free option and one for people with heart concerns, such as a low-sodium plan.
- Calorie plans. To truly lose weight, you need watch your calorie intake. My DeniseAustin.com eating plan includes 1,200-, 1,500- and 1,800-calorie options, to fit your weight loss needs. (As always, check with your physician before starting any diet, exercise or weight loss programs.)
- Ability to swap out foods or recipes. Sometimes you may not have the right ingredients on hand... so a plan that allows you to modify suggestions is helpful. It can keep you on track!
- Variety of workout types. Look for programs that offer cardio, strength training and flexibility workouts. The combination of these three are the best not only for weight loss, but for overall health, too.
- Choices in length of workouts. You may not always have 30-45 to exercise, and this can end up discouraging some people from working out altogether. Look for weight loss programs that offer flexibility - every little bit counts!
- Workouts that offer equipment-free routines. That way you can exercise when traveling, and also don't have to buy extra equipment!