Looking at the bright side of life is something I choose to do and put forth, and you can, too!! Let’s make this summer that we approach life in a positive light – it will open you up to new possibilities and relationships!! I always say attitude is everything, so try these five tips for looking on the bright side!
- Take a minute to sit down and make a list of things you like about yourself, for instance, your great smile, your toned arms, your unstoppable energy, or the fact that you’re a wonderful friend. Read it every day and add to it regularly.
- Your mind can only hold one thought at a time. Make it a positive and constructive one. When pessimistic thoughts pop up, imagine a red STOP sign and immediately replace them with thoughts that are more upbeat and productive.
- A person’s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated. But don’t wait for someone else to do it. Instead, appreciate yourself. Appreciate your hard work, strong muscles, and determination to get in shape and get to a healthy weight. Respect yourself for improving your body.
- Replace negative words like woulda, coulda, and shoulda with a positive outlook and words like “can” and “will.” Also, challenge your pessimistic thoughts by visualizing yourself doing the unthinkable. It takes baby steps to reach a goal but you can do it and you will achieve it!
- Laugh out loud and do so often. Not only does research show that laughter is good for your immune system and your heart, but it tightens your tummy as well.