Want a clean spring? We typically talk about "spring cleaning" as it refers to our homes, but why not try a "clean spring" - and improve all aspects of your life!? Try these tips, that can help to improve your emotional well-being, physical health, and yes, your home...simple, effective and even fun!
Clean Spring Tips
- Replace screen time with a journal. Give your mind a spring clean by limiting your screen time on your phone, computer, tablet and TV, and instead focus on a journal. Journaling can be a wonderful way to reconnect with yourself. Whether you plan out your day to reduce the stress of an unorganized to-do list, you write about happy memories from your past, or dedicate five minutes each day to writing down "Three Good Things" that happened to you that day right before bed (proven to lift your spirits!), journaling is an excellent alternative to scrolling!
- Add a healthy smoothie to your first meal of the day. We should all be aiming to eat more produce - and a simple way to do so is to start the day with a healthy smoothie! The key word here is healthy - and the good news is that a healthy smoothie can be delicious, too! Start with a base of dark greens that have a neutral taste, such as spinach or kale. Then a fruit such as banana, orange or apple. I like to toss in a celery stalk because it adds no flavor but gives you some extra fiber. Then add a scoop of protein or collagen powder, thin it out with water and enjoy! You will have added a few extra servings of fruits and veggies to your day in no time.
- Get washing. Create a plan to tackle each room and launder everything you can. Bedding (including mattress covers and pillows), curtains, rugs - anything that can be tossed in the wash should. It will help to eliminate dust, allergens, pet hair, skin cells, and more. I love to welcome in spring with a freshly washed room!
- Try a new workout routine. It can be hard to switch up your workouts, but in the long run it is a good thing to do. A new workout works different muscle groups, keeps your mind challenged, and can be so fun! If you usually walk, try a combo of walking with bursts of running, and choose a different path. If you mainly do strength training, and in some yoga. And I always like a good dance workout - do the best you can...if you stick with it, you WILL be able to complete it! This is a good rundown of weekly workouts you can do right at home!
- Plan dates with friends - and stick to it! Pull out your calendar, call up a friend, and together mark off a day you will spend doing a specific activity. Once it is in the calendar, you are more likely to stick with it. Go to a museum, try a new restaurant or coffee shop, go for a walk in the park - all will make for enjoyable and memorable outings, and help you stay connected with loved ones.
I hope these suggestions help you lead a cleaner spring this year!
Let's live EVER BETTER™ - together!