Hi Everyone! It's so easy to get caught in the stress and commotion of daily life, but it doesn't have to be! Instead of focusing on the negatives of the day, fuel your mind and soul: practice positivity! Trust me - you and your mind will be so much happier when you learn to shift from worry to positivity, so give it a try. One way to do this is to spend time with those who matter most to you.One way to practice positivity is to be around your family, friends, and community groups - all can all help you fill your mind and soul with positive energy. It's like recharging a battery - we all crave social interactions and personal relationships, and by spending time with others, you’ll all get to reap the benefits.When you’re around people who love and value you, you’ll soak up their energy just like a sponge. And it works both ways! So when you put out the positive energy, your friends, family members, and anyone you interact with will soak it up, too. The result is a group of people who are all radiating positive vibes - a great group to be around and part of!And if you don’t consider yourself a “people person” that's OK - you don't have to be one to need people! It’s not necessary to surround yourself with groups of people at all times to recharge your mind and soul. Consider any of the following low-key interactions:
Practice Positivity: 5 Ways To Try
- Call up a family member you haven’t seen in a while and reconnect. Catch up on what's happening in in their life now, and reminisce about fun memories and experiences you have shared. You may end the call with a plan to meet up in person!
- Invite your neighbor over for a cup of coffee one afternoon. Getting to know your neighbors can beneficial in so many ways. They can become a friend and confidant, be a look out for you and your home, and even introduce you to a larger neighborhood group or local activities. Having a couple close neighbors as a great rule of thumb in my book!
- Schedule a lunch with your best friend. I LOVE my girlfriend time - women are so positive and inspirational! I will schedule all sorts of things to do with my girlfriends, not just lunch but walks, workouts, running errands - the list is endless. (You can even schedule a hair-mask date!)
- Attend a fitness class at a gym or studio near you. You will be surrounded by people who have like-minded goals, an easy way to strike up a conversation if you want to. And if you are new to a class, remember others are too - another great way to form a potential bond with someone else.
- Participate with an online community. My 10-Week Plan is amazing - all these positive, strong people who are are supportive and insightful - it's truly one of my favorite things about My Members!! If you aren't yet a member, start your 7-day free trial now, and check out the Community!