Lace up your sneakers and join me for Prevention’s Walk for Wellness! This is a virtual 5K taking place on October 7th, which means there’s plenty of time to get ready! I truly believe that walking is for everyone - whether you already have a consistent exercise routine or you're looking to start one. Walking is the perfect way to take your fitness level up a notch, or the perfect place to start. You can tailor your walk to exactly what is best for YOU! Choose your pace, intensity, and a length that suits you at the moment, and adjust as needed. You will get stronger and build up that endurance so make sure to keep challenging yourself!
I am always a proponent of getting people out for a walk which is why I am so excited to be working with Prevention Magazine on this virtual walk. You can even win a $100 Easy Spirit gift card if you share your “Why I Walk” story… you all know how much I love my Easy Spirits for walking! Register here today for Prevention’s virtual 5K and stay tuned for information on my annual Fall Walking Challenge too!
I want you to walk with purpose, confidence and joy! Here are my best walking tips to ensure you can do just that:
- Make your walks most productive by planning your route ahead of time. Go to a park, or plan the route you will take in your neighborhood!
- Change up your walks by adding in some hills - which is great for your heart and helps to burn more fat and calories. Or simply vary the location you walk!
- Wear comfortable, sturdy shoes that provide good arch, heel and lateral support. (You can use my code DENISEFIT to save 20% on EasySpirit.com!)
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that protects against the elements. Layering is also helpful as the weather starts to cool off this Fall!
- Carry a water bottle (reusable is best!!) and keep sipping... before, during and after your walk to stay hydrated!
- Wear sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat to help prevent sun damage - even if it's cloudy!
It’s no coincidence that my Walking Challenges are the most popular of all my challenges, year after year as the percentage of people that walk for wellness, transportation or fun is on the rise! Join in, give some of these tips a try and register for Prevention’s Walk For Wellness today!
Let’s live FIT, HAPPY and HEALTHY - together!!