Want to burn fat and help boost your metabolism?? Besides making sure a regular exercise routine is part of your daily lifestyle, add these best fat burning foods to keep in your kitchen! All can increase the ability of your body to burn more calories and boost your metabolism. You can get more info like this in my all new Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan – chock full of healthy recipes, checklists, a 4-week eating challenge and more, it’s a great way to stay fit and fab after forty – through food!
Now for the best fat burning foods to keep in your kitchen – each of these provides nutrients and will fill you up, helping you to curb mindless eating of foods with less-than-healthy nutritional profiles. So add these to your grocery list!
- Avocados. My Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan has an Avocado Toast recipe for a reason – avocados are so good for you! People who regularly eat avocados tend to have a lower waist circumference and body mass index.
- Walnuts. Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, walnuts are part of a low-glycemic diet – thought to help burn more calories than a high-glycemic diet. Walnuts are also heart healthy and good for the brain, so eat up!
- Salmon. Wild-caught salmon is more than a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, it is also low on the glycemic index, so it helps keep blood sugar levels stable and may prevent the storage of fat around the midsection. I eat salmon at least a few times each week, and my Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan includes a zesty Salmon and Quinoa recipe!
- Quinoa. I traded in rice and pasta for quinoa most of the time a few years back, and am so happy I did! Quinoa is a great source of fiber and protein, helping to fill me up, and giving me lasting energy. Plus it has been linked to good gut health and may even prevent bloating!
- Kale. It probably sounds like old news, but if you haven’t yet jumped on the kale train, climb aboard! Kale is a good source of fiber, which helps regulate insulin spikes, plus it’s packed with antioxidants and magnesium – important for reducing stress hormones in the body.
You can find more info just like this in my new Stop The Clock Nutrition Plan – recipes, an eating challenge, checklists and more. All to help YOU age gracefully and keep in shape!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out,