We are in the midst of our May 2-Week Walking Challenge (you can still sign up – it’s free to join!), so today I wanted to look at 10 easy and healthy snack ideas to help you complete your walk! I’m a big believer in snacks as long as they’re healthy: a good snack will tide you over so you don’t overeat later, and it can provide an energy boost if you are feeling the afternoon slump. Snacking can be healthy – it’s all about what you choose, and these 10 easy and healthy snacks are a great way to start. Use this list to help fuel your walks now and all year long!
Here are some easy and healthy snacks to try out – and if you want more healthy eating insight, start your free trial of my Whole Body Plan! My Plan has an entire eating plan to keep your nutrition goals on track, and my Eat Like Denise Plan offers up more quick and easy recipes that are healthy and delicious!
1. Life is a bowl full of cherry tomatoes! This snack is simple and based on whole foods, and a GREAT alternative to chips or other unhealthy snack foods. Simply put one cup of fresh, ripe cherry tomatoes – yellow and red ones are so sweet and yummy – into a bowl and you are set!
2. Protein power: Fuel your energy with my delicious EVER BETTER™ Protein Bites! These yummy, soft cookies bites have 6 grams if protein in each serving, PLUS they are low in sugar, gluten free and have probiotics to help keep your gut healthy and happy! Four yummy flavors will satisfy your cravings, and they are a delicious, portable snack to eat before, during or after your daily walk!
3. Make a parfait: In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of yogurt, sprinkle with two tablespoons of whole grain cereal and 1/4 cup of blueberries, and you have a sweet, healthy snack that offers up fiber, protein and vitamins!
4. Sweet pita: Fill 1/2 of a whole grain pita with 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese, apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon. A healthy version of apple pie!
5. Savory popcorn: Sprinkle hot popcorn with two tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a savory snack filled with fiber.
6. Cheese and cracker classic: Perfect for when you are on-the-go, snack on one part-skim mozzarella string cheese, with 6 whole grain crackers. It will fill you up and give you an energy boost!
7. Double round: Make your snack time circle time by munching on a hard-boiled egg (lots of protein) and a tangerine (vitamin C galore!).
8. Make a banana split! Take one small banana sliced lengthwise, and top it with whole grain cereal sprinkles and one tablespoon of dark chocolate chips.
9. Fruit and cheese kabob: Take one part-skim mozzarella string cheese and cube it, then thread on to a kabob spear, alternating it with fresh grapes. Fun to look at and eat.
10. Muscle recovery sippers: After I walk, I like to sip on Rejuvenate Muscle Health Drink. This ready-to-drink beverage has 15 grams of organic plant protein, and is clinically proven to increase your body’s ability to rebuild and repair lost muscle!! I love this drink (I am an ambassador – not just because it tastes good, but because I truly believe in it’s benefits!) and think you, will too!
For more healthy snacks and nutrition tips start your free trial of my Whole Body Plan today!
Let’s get fitter, together – inside and out!